The Lodewick Visitors Center student staff provides guided campus tours for prospective students and their families, group tours for middle and high school students, and specialty tours. If you're looking to go at your own pace, pick up a self-guided brochure and other University literature at the Center.
Designed for prospective students and their families, guided campus tours are held Monday through Saturday and require reservations. Tours consist of a 30-minute information session followed by a 90-minute walking tour.
UConn Tour 101: Booking a Great Tour
UConn's campus tours connect you directly with current students and our outstanding facilities. The BEST way to immerse yourself in the UConn experience is to:
- Reserve a weekday tour when classes are in session. See the campus as it will be when you are a Husky.
- Arrive early in the day when more activities are occurring.
- Avoid high school vacation days as they are unusually busy and tours fill a month or more in advance.
Student tour leaders provide information about the University, the UConn admission process, our quality academic programs, resident and commuter life, and our extensive co-curricular activities.
- Our newest academic classroom building
- Residence and dining halls
- Student support service center
- Gampel Pavilion, home of champions
- Our vibrant Student Union
- Photo with the UConn mascot, Jonathan the Husky
Book a Guided Tour
Please register online to book your tour today.Make a reservation
Held twice-a-year, Open Houses offer information sessions with academic departments, visits to residence halls,
student life presentations, UConn admission sessions, and a resource fair. For more information, call our
Office of Admissions at (860) 486-3137 or visit http://openhouse.uconn.edu
Middle & High School Groups
UConn encourages middle school, high school, and other special interest groups to visit the Storrs campus and learn more about the University. Group tours consist of a 30-minute information session followed by a 90-minute walking tour.
- Please book your group tour at least 3 weeks in advance.
- Groups should arrive 10-15 minutes prior to their first scheduled activity.
- Group tours are limited to 50 guests.
- Group tours are scheduled based on guide availability and are limited during busy periods.
- Chaperones will stay with their groups at all times. We require at least one chaperone for every 15 students.
- If your group members have any serious medical problems, special needs, or special requests, please tell us prior to your arrival.
- Group tours are not offered during high school vacation weeks or other high-volume tour periods.
- Group tours may not be available on Saturdays and Sundays.
- For group tour information, please call (860) 486-6729.
Parking & dining
- Bus parking is located in Lot C. Groups may drop-off and pick-up in the bus zone in front of the Lodewick Visitors Center.
- Car and van parking is available in the North and South garages for a nominal fee.
- Groups may purchase meals in any of our dining halls or in our Student Union food court eateries. Groups of 15+ must reserve meals. We're happy to help coordinate your meal order with UConn Dining Services.